When i think about home, I think about:
1. The pond on golf course behind our house
2. My neighbors
3. Playing with my little brother
4. My old dogs
5. My parents
The main thing I think about when I think about home is all of my neighbors. In my picture, i drew my street with all of my neighbors houses on it. I live onMuirfield Dr. My house is connected to another house that is connected to another house: condos. I think of my neighbors, because none of my parents' family lives within 4 hours of us. So for holidays, my whole street gets together at one house to eat and celebrate. We eat Christmas, Thanksgiving, and EAter dinner together. We also celebrate all of the birthdays together. I drew one house on our street that has always been rented. I have lived in the same spot for 16 years and have never gotten to know the house that is rented. The people at the opposite end of the street, Mr. and Mrs. Goss, were the last addition to our street, but we treat them like they have been there forever. After the rented house is the Mincy's. They always have border collies. Next to them is the Dorner's. When i was learning to ride a bike I hit their mailbox. After them is the Grangers. They have 13 cats and 3 dogs and 2 rabbits. I always pet sit them when they leave. They are like my aunt and uncle of the street. Right beside me is the Hochsteins. They were there right after we moved in. They are like my Grandparents in town. They always have gifts for my brother and I. I think of my street as home because everyone is my family.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment