Observations:
1) The picture was taken from a distance.
2) Colors: Blue ceiling
Red, yellow, and orange banner hanging from ceiling
The performers outfits seem to be colors ranging from red to orange
3) A circle of marchers standing on the rim of the stage
4) It looks like something is comming down from the banner with red lights.
5) In the audience, it looks like there are screens in front of everyone's faces.
Inferences:
1) Since this is the closing ceremony, this image could have been taken from a distance to get the whole scene of what was happening with the dancers and marches, as well as to see the attention of the audience.
2) The streamers hanging from the ceiling have a unique design on them beggining with yellow and transitioning to red. This could partly represent their culture and the detail they put into things. But also the performers outfits match so it was seriously taken into consideration before hand. I think China wanted everyone to know that they were ready to take on the responsibility of hosting the Olympics.
3)The screens in front of the people in the audience look like TV screens showing the performance, but I am not sure. I think China wants to show that they are advancing with technology, possibly faster than we are (seeing that in our auditoriums we don't have screens at each seat). I could be wrong though.
China went out on a limb to take on the responsibility of hosting the Olympics. They built a whole new building with advanced technology as well as extravagant props/decorations to go along with the performance. When i think of the colors red, orange, and yellow, I think of fire. China could have been saying very blodly that they were ready to host the Olympics. They also incorporated the marchers and dancers colors very well with the banners.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment